Monday, April 4, 2011

My Lucky Wand

Today has been a very interesting day. After only getting about 5-6 hours of sleep (not enough for me by any means), I woke up and got ready for my interview that would be happening at 9am. After showering, I tried to go back to bed for a little while (I like my hair to dry for a while before blow drying it, so then I can sleep while it dries... win win? YES... usually), well, today after trying to go back to sleep and SUCCEEDING, I was woken up not to long later by the neighbor's VERY LOUD AND ANNOYING barking dog! I was so annoyed and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I tried to relax to the barking noise.... then I got ready for my interview. While I was getting ready, my nephew Taelin came upstairs. He likes to play with my doll, and the loft in my room and most especially MY HARRY POTTER WAND... yes, the one I got at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I watch him and have taught him to do a few spells. Mostly he waves it around. He has tried to drum with it before and I said no, so he is pretty good with it and LOVES it so it makes it way cute! Well, today, as I was frantically getting ready and trying to not be annoyed about the stupid dog, and printing off a fresh resume, I handed Taelin my wand that he had been pointing at, and he swished and flicked it around a few times... and then the unthinkable happened. I was staring at my computer and all of the sudden, Taelin started pointing at something on my floor. I saw it and my brain almost refused to accept the reality. See below for yourself... if you dare. But, remember that I warned you......









Well, I didn't want to upset him, and I could see he was already a little upset because he knew he did something bad, so I told him I wasn't mad and Grandpa could fix. And then I thought to myself... great, is this a bad omen for today? Awesome.

Well, I went to my interview and it went very well. I have been getting increasingly more comfortable during interviews, and rather than being worried about my answers, I am prepared and can just be myself and participate in a conversation. Although the interview didn't last long, I felt good about it. I was told I'd hear by the end of the week if I got the position - she was going to be interviewing throughout the week.

Well, I went through a normal morning/afternoon and got a call from the place I interviewed with last Friday - another one I had liked a lot and felt great about - AND I GOT THE JOB!!!! I was so excited and I couldn't believe someone finally said YES! What an amazing feeling! I was told that I should expect a few more calls to set up training, etc, so when I got another call from another unknown number, I obviously expected it to be to set up training. Well, it WASN'T! It was from this MORNING'S interview?!?! I was so taken off guard as I heard on the phone "Well, I know I told you I wouldn't get back to you until the end of the week, but I think you're perfect for our clients and I thought the interview went very well, so I was going to do some more interviews this week, but I decided not to." I paused and said "ok..." haha, she asked if I was taken by surprise, which of course I was!!! I GOT BOTH JOBS.... AND SAID YES TO BOTH?????? So, now the decision making process is what needs to happen. I'm weighing the pros and cons of both jobs, and will obviously be praying and pondering about my decisions. So, the outcome of that decision is to come... soon hopefully.

Well, I didn't think the day could be any more lucky, but I was able to go to a free movie (THANKS MOM!) with Jennie - THE SOURCE CODE - what an amazing movie!!! - but we all put our bets to see who would win the basketball game tonight - Butler or UCONN... I said UCONN just to be different from the rest of my family. I don't care for sports, don't follow them, nothing like that. But after the movie, my mom texted me to tell me that it must be my lucky day because my 'team' won!!! haha, go me!

So, what is the point of all this? Well, of course it would be that if your wand happens to get broken (just like Ron's did - and he turned out OK!) don't dispair, your luck is about to improve and it is NOT a bad omen!!! :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

hahaha i love this post =) i think i cried a little bit when i saw your wand broken though but im glad it brought you good luck anyways! way to stay positive =)

Mel said...

so fun! way to look for the good! :)