The weeks just really seem to go by so quickly! And before I know it, it's the weekend again. This week, Jennie and I have been going to Gold's Gym. They were having a $10 for 10 day deal (without signing a contract!!!) for their 10th anniversary - cool!! So, Monday I exercised on mom's treadmill, Tuesday Jennie and I worked out on this crazy machine that we thought was just a giant eliptical at frist. But you kind of stride on it, like you're running, but it has two foot things like an eliptical. Then if you feel like doing a stair stepper action, you just start walking like you're going on stairs and it knows so you can do 2 things on it! We burned about 10-11ish calories/minute and did that for 30 min. Then we did 4-5 arm weight machines. When we were getting done, we saw the room they do classes in and saw they were doing Zumba and Yoga this week too on Thursday and Friday. But the next day (Wednesday), I was so sore and Jennie wasn't feeling too good, so we took a break, which was nice and needed. So, on Thursday we went to our first class. I had never done Zumba, but everyone says how fun it is, so we thought we'd try. It is so SO fun! It's very hard too though and I sweated a LOT! Oh, and a fun thing about this class was that there were two older ladies who had tied these things around their waists and they had metal circles on them that would make noise when they moved!!! It was hilarious! One of the ladies said she liked it because it made her feel like a dancer! haha. I thought it was just part of her shirt, until I saw the tie in front and watched the other lady tie it on herself!! haha! But we'll be going again this next week. Then the next day (Friday) we went to the Yoga class.... it was SOOOOOOO hard! ... we are not going back to that one haha.
I pretended to take a picture of Jennie - ... Teehee! Here's the jingle jangle around the waist lady!
On Thursday night, Jennie went to the temple with my parents so I got to watch Taelin :) I love that! He's so cute and entertaining! He mostly wanted me to hold him and carry him all night, which was fun. We played on the slide and with some stickers. He had an owie on his finger, so he wanted a band-aid on that too! When he was eating some snacks and drinking juice, I got this great video of him. His face in the first 3ish seconds is HILARIOUS!!!! Such a cutie pie! (he's so good at showing off his tricks!)
Yesterday, Taelin found my flashlight in my room. He thought it was such a fun toy right away! Here he is making the flashlight much more functional than I ever thought it could be!
This week Jennie and I also made ANOTHER jean quilt for one of her friends' baby showers. Me and my mom had cut these little squares (about 3-4" each) years ago. We put them into a cute pattern.
Then we got out both of mom's sewing machines and Jen would sew the squares together to make a row, then I would sew the rows together.
Here's the whole thing all sewed together!
We went to Joann's and got some cute brown fabric for the 2" outside then some cute animal/jungle themed fabric for the back. IT TURNED OUT SO ADORABLE!!!
Then we tied it with the batting inside and I hand stitched close the last open edge
Here's the back
One other thing that was cool was that I had a 1 1/2 hour phone interview last night and I really think I'll get this job, so here's me crossing my fingers again!!!!!

2 comments:
oh my gosh taelin is getting sooo dang smart! i love the quilt you guys made your soo talented! miss you! love these posts =)
WOW! so fun! i didn't know about the 1 1/2 hr phone interview! good luck! can't wait to hear more about it!
Post a Comment