Saturday, March 19, 2011

{AMAZING TITLE HERE}

This week seems to have gone by even more quickly than last week! I really don't understand how that happens! This week, Jennie and I went to Gold's on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (Zumba on Thursday of course). We lifted too and today my arms are sore! But I'm getting so SO buff! And my panteloneses are getting bigger, so the jeans got put in the dryer to shrink them! Cool! 

About the job hunt - I didn't get the job I wrote about in my last post :( The guy I interviewed with apparently was not in charge of hiring. He told me if it had been up to him, I would have already had the job and started working on Monday, but it was up to his superiors... bla bla bla. Whatever. But then I did get a call this week and was offered a part-time job I interviewed with about 3ish weeks ago or more! I had wanted it at the time, so I went the next day to a training and filled out paperwork for about 2 hours.... then I was told how much, or how little I should say, I was going to be paid.... can we say it should have at least been doubled? Ya. So, I awkwardly let them know I couldn't work for that amount and left. Bummer, but it is what it is I guess. My friend told me about a job opening at her work in Utah that I applied to. We'll see if anything happens with that!

Friday I had a fun night alone. I watched Marley and Me, had some frozen pizza and Ben n' Jerry's. SUPER FUN! haha, sometimes it's really fun to have a night to do whatever you want. 

Early this week, Taelin had fun pushing around his toys in this little plastic bin and being pushed around in it. He never ceases to entertain us!




Another thing he has been working on lately is saying 'CHEESE' when we get out the camera and tell him 'SAY CHEESE!' haha, this is the result :)



This week, I was also able to FINISH my quilt!!! I would definitely have to say that actually putting the quilt ON the quilting frame was the HARDEST part of the entire process! It took me, my mom and Jennie at least an hour to get it on there! Sheesh. I tied it in a day and then it took a few more days to hand stitch all 4 edges closed. Each side took about 2 hours to do, but it's done now and it looks amazing and is so warm and cozy! I've never made a whole quilt all by myself, and I can't believe it's done!



This is kind of a bad shot, but you can see the edge hand stitched closed. My mom taught me the stitch to use and it hides the thread. It ended up looking awesome!


For St. Patricks Day, Jennie colored some fun things for her and Taelin to cut and glue together. This one ended up being a door hanger Leprechaun. So cute!


Taelin has always loved these dollies, but today he was being so cute with them! Taking them all around and reading them a story. He is so cute and hugs and gives them kisses :) He even fed one of them some of his cereal!



Also spotted him helping Grandpa, which he loves to do! haha


 What a good little helper!



2 comments:

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

Love the post!!!!! And your quilt... And of course taelin:)

Lisa Marie said...

Your quilt looks awesome! I hope you find a job soon :) I'm sure you will. <3