What a week! It was exciting, sad, fun, nerve wracking, relieving, stressful, so super fun!!! That is a lot of things to feel in just one week! I'll start with Monday. Jennie and I went to Gold's again, (we only have 3 more times to go :( - it was only a 10 day pass, but we've been very lucky to have been able to go more than that haha. AND I've lost 12 lbs. since going!!!). I also got a call from Wasatch Mental Health inviting me for an interview! I was so excited!!! Even though it was in Utah, I thought I'd have a great chance. I called my sister, Mel, and asked if I would be able to stay with her family on Wednesday and Thursday so I could interview in Provo. She was excited! Anyway, I went to FHE on Monday night. We had a motivational speaker come (his name is Ryan Moody, you can look him up on YouTube). He has been through a LOT of adversity, physically, and spoke about overcoming that through jumping. He's had so many broken bones, accidents, etc where he was told that walking, running, jumping would be impossible. However, he overcame them all and more! He is going to Italy soon where he'll be officially breaking the Guinness world record for box jumping. Below are two videos of him jumping, one with both feet, that box is a few inches shorter than him and one with one foot, that one is his height! So cool!
So, I headed to Utah on Wednesday morning and got there about 3pm. I got to play with Jaden and Kyler! We jumped on the trampoline for a while, teaching each other tricks, running and chasing, cracking the egg! But they sure wore me out after not too long, so I sat out and video'd them while I rested. I swear they could go forever!!!
Here are some pics of them jumping! Look at their smiles :) They had so much fun and so did I!
These are their "silliest faces"!!!
Kyler took this picture!
After we were done playing outside, we came in and Kyler wanted to do a puzzle and Jaden wanted to play basketball. I was exhausted from jumping and jumping, so we decided to do the puzzle first, so fun!
I think Jaden is trying to do a Buzz Lightyear smile/look here haha!
So, Thursday came, after me being more NERVOUS than I've ever been!!! I hate how nervous I get for ... well... anything that makes me nervous, but interviews are one of those things! I had prepared as much as I could though, and did REALLY well at the interview. I had a great time and thought it went well. Once I got home, I felt so RELIEVED, and for lunch, mel made us some yummy smoothies! It had a TON of spinach, and then lots of fruit, mangos, peaches, pineapple, etc. Then a slice of a lime and 1/2 a banana. Then some fruit juice. Very healthy and green and delicious! Kyler was so excited to show me his green mustache. :)
Well, I got a call a few hours after the interview saying that I was a strong candidate, but that they were selecting a girl with a lot of experience, it was hard to compete with. I cried and was so sad! I really thought I was going to get it after how well the interview went. I guess that's not where I am supposed to be, so I'm going to keep looking and will hopefully get something very soon! Well, Jaden had a soccer game on Thursday that I went to (I had decided to stay for one more day/night at my sisters house), and that TOTALLY cheered me up!! Watching little 5 year olds run around and play 'bunch ball', as I'm told it's called, was just the remedy for feeling sad about the job rejection. I laughed and laughed so much!!! Jaden had so much fun running around and is very good at soccer! Kyler entertained himself the whole time playing a game on his daddy's iPhone :)
Look at him run!!!!
Thumbs up! He's sure happy!
Jaden and his two friends, Cohen and Jason, playing soccer with and against each other! How fun!
After such a great time in Utah, it was time to come home on Friday morning. It had been fairly good weather while I was there and then Friday was very cold and raining and snowing!!! For the first 60 miles of my drive, it was raining/snowing!!!! I hate driving in bad weather, but after living in Utah for 4+ years and dealing with that all the time, I was pretty comfortable. And after the first 60ish miles, there was no more snow/rain! All seemed good!.....
WELCOME TO IDAHO!
Then.... ugh. Why does there have to be a 'then'??? I missed the Burley exit where I normally fill up with gas/go to the bathroom/get food. I decided to see if I could just get all the way home without filling up with gas. Once I got close to Mt. Home, I decided that if my gas light came on before the exit, I would fill up there since it was still 44 miles to Boise and I didn't want to run out of gas. I knew it'd be close. Well, my gas light came on about a minute BEFORE the Mt. Home exit, so I took the exit, went to Arby's and then to Chevron to fill up. I filled up my car, then went to get back in.... AND...!!!!! - I LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY CAR!!!! My door wouldn't open!!!! OH MY GOSH! I only have one key, and have only locked my keys in my car once before. I instantly felt so stupid and annoyed and scared. I went inside and asked to use the phone and called my mom :) So glad she was home! After about an hour or so of calling around trying to remember who my roadside assistance is through and failing at finding out, one of the ladies in the gas station called her husband who knew someone in town who would unlock my car for 'cheap' ($40). He came and after sitting in the gas station freaking out for about an hourish, or a little longer, I was on the road again! I got home safe and sound!!!
Once I got home, I was able to see the new carpet in our house! We got new carpet in our living room, dining room, upstairs and hallway and I got to pick out my own carpet for my room! It is so pretty and I love it! So, on Saturday, I moved my funiature back into my room and reorganized some things. I LOVE my new carpet!!! It makes my room look a LOT bigger and just better... especially compared to the 20+ year old ORANGE carpet that was in there before! haha.
Well, there's my week! Lots of crazy emotions for one week! Pray that I find a job soon, that would be amazing :) Parts of it were very stressful, but overall it was so fun to hang out with my sister and her family in Utah!


1 comment:
glad we could make it fun for you! :)
Post a Comment