Monday, February 9, 2009

For the Beauty of the Earth

I have been thinking a lot lately, about the beauty of the Earth. I went to Jon Schmidt's concert 2 weeks ago, and bought his hymn arrangement book, and that song (For the Beauty of the Earth) is the first one in the book, and one of the easier ones, so I've been playing that song, thinking about, humming it, etc. Lately, I have also been taking pictures of the beauty that I witness. In Sunday School yesterday, we talked about the creation of the Earth, and read this scripture: Doctrine & Covenants - 59: 18, "Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart." It's really true, everything we have is so beautiful. I'm so thankful that Jesus Christ created an earth filled with beauty to 'please the eye and gladden the heart'. Here are the pictures I have taken lately - so pretty!

Walking up to campus:







The sunrise - view from my parking lot:




And finally, some cool looking fog by the mountains on my way to work:

"For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise."

5 comments:

Mel said...

i think i have always sung that last line wrong. i always say "this our hymn of grateful praise." oops! ":)

Curtis & Ashley said...

A beautiful post Annette! Thanks for reminding me how much we have to be thankful for. And just curious, were you taking pictures from inside the car while you were driving??

Annette said...

of course not!! :-) I stopped and no one was behind me, don't worry haha!

Lisa Marie said...

Did you take those pictures while you were driving?!! You're a nutter, netter!:) I think Denis and I took the pictures the same day you did. Remember when we saw you in the parking lot trying to find a spot?? Denis had our camera that day taking shots of everything. haha. I love them!! Our earth is so beautiful, I can't wait to see what a celestial earth will look like:) haha

Ashley said...

Annette! I just found your blog today, and it is so fun to see what you are up to! In case you don't remember me, we went to HS together and my maiden name is Chandler. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!