Sunday, August 28, 2011

New Job & Unison Choir

So, I have been looking for a new job for quite a while now because, although I love what I do (PSR work), I am unable to get enough hours. My new job is working with developmentally disabled rather than mental illness. Still in the Social Work realm, which is exciting! I interviewed twice for the job I will start tomorrow, and was SO nervous to hear back!!! I hate getting so nervous, and was so excited and relieved when they called and offered me a job! YAY! GO ME!

Another exciting thing is that I auditioned for the Boise LDS Institute Unison Choir on Wednesday with my friend Miriam. I have never auditioned for a choir, but have sung in many choirs, including the BYU University Chorale, and ward choirs. However, after some encouragement from family members, and my desire to be in this awesome choir, I auditioned. I was so nervous, my voice was so breathy and shakey, and I was almost sure I wouldn't get in because of that, but I DID!!!! I am so freaking excited! My name is under the ALTOS in the picture below. There are two pictures because I was playing around with some camera settings on my phone :)




2 comments:

Jennie Nelson said...

seriously AMAZING!! go you!

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

:) I smiled when you wrote that clarification. I too work in that field and all the training meetings made such an emphasis that it is now automatic to say, "I work with individuals with developmental disabilities." It an intense job but still a lot of fun. What type of work do you do?