Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I PASSED!!!!!!!
Wow, what a day!!! It has sure been an excellent sort of day, so let's get some background here. I have been studying for my Social Work Licensing Exam for a little over a month I'd say... I can't remember exactly how long. Maybe just a few weeks. I'm not sure. Anyway, I got the job (previous post(s)), and the only contingency was that if I didn't pass the test, I wouldn't be able to work. The test was expensive to register for and pay for, and I like my job a lot, so besides those obvious reasons, I REALLY wanted to pass!!! Anyone who knows me knows how much of a worrier I can be. I get so anxious before tests, interviews, first days.... lots of things. Well, yesterday I was pretty nervous for the test I would take today... nervous whenever I would think about the upcoming test. Another reason to be nervous for it, besides the fact that it's a test, and that basically justifies it - I would be give 270 minutes (roughly 4 hours) to complete a 170 question test, taken all on the computer!!! Mind you, it's been over a year since my last test and longer than that since my last social work class. So, needless to say, I was nervous. I tried to go to bed early since the test was scheduled for 8am and I was told to be there 30 minutes early (THAT IS SO EARLY!!!!!! I hardly EVER get up that early!). I tossed and turned and maybe slept for an hour or two and then would rest after that, and turn around startled looking at my clock, afraid I had overslept. I set 4 alarms (3 on my phone and another separate alarm), and my dad was assigned to wake me up 5 minutes after I was supposed to wake up, if I wasn't awake. Well, looking up startled at the clock at least ever 5-10 minutes from about 3ish am on was EXHAUSTING!!! 6:30am couldn't have come any sooner!!! I got ready and ate breakfast, then drove nervously to meet my destiny - and the check-in lady at the testing center. Who was very friendly by the way. I read a consent form that told me I couldn't chew gum or take any cheating materials with me (BUMMER!). Then they scanned my palm/veins.... weird? yes haha - and took an awesome 7:30am picture of me. I asked for ear plugs and they guided me to my cubicle where I would complete my task. I was the first one there, so I got cubicle #1. Like for first place! It was a good sign already. But then I sat down and stared at the computer..... and my head got fuzzy and my eyes got blurry. All that not-sleeping I did was coming to claim me very quickly. My parents had helped me figure out how many questions I needed to have done each 30 min, so I was able to write that down and look at the clock. I quickly became aware that I would have more than enough time. As the test came near the end, my heart started to go into overdrive... or beat... hmm. I knew the computer would tell me as soon as the test was done whether I had passed or failed. I finished question 170 and VERY nervously pushed 'next'.... once my anxious blurry eyes interpreted what was on the screen, I saw that BEFORE I would see my results, I had to answer 10 survey questions.... seriously? So, my already pounding heart increased it's pounding and my breathing became ragged (I now feel bad for the other's in the center who could hear me - I had ear plugs - because I was breathing so loudly and was so so so nervous!). I took a deep breath, and then another, and then pushed NEXT for the final time! The computer then asked me 2 separate times if I was sure I wanted to complete the exam, and after pushing COMPLETE twice, I saw a screen that said PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! I swear I almost passed out. What an insane moment! I had wanted to pass so so so badly, but I had tried to prepare myself for the alternative. I was then escorted to another room where they scanned my veins again and gave me a print out of my score (PASS!!!), and I was sent on my merry way! So, I am now officially a Licensed Social Work and can work socially! Go me! Oh, and I get to keep my job!!!! Seriously - a great start to an awesome day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment