Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bruschetta!


I had Bruschetta for the frist time a year or two ago at a party. It was one of the most delicious things I had ever tasted. Then I watched it being made and eaten in the movie Julie and Julia. My mouth watered so much every time I saw that! It looks so good! Well, I have been telling my mom that we should make it sometime because of how delicious it is. She has never had it, so we found this recipe online and tried it out (with a few modifications) and it is a WINNER!!! We've had it two times now and it has been a complete success and decadent addition to our meals. Enjoy!

So, I know it says CHEDDAR Bruschetta, but it should probably be called Mozzarella Bruschetta. We substitute the CHEDDAR for MOZZARELLA and it is amazing! Also, we used 10 slices of french bread and then 1/2'd this recipe.... except for the cheese, there may have been a little extra added. Also, I added a tiny more mayo. It's kind of a trial and error thing. Just mix it up and see if it looks good, if not, add more! 




You start by putting olive oil on both sides of the bread and then baking it at 350* for 5 minutes on each side. This will toast it up very nicely.


You will need: Mayo, parmasean, mozzarella, 1 1/2 tomatoes, some basil (you can use real basil leaves too, and put them on last on the top...), oregano and pepper (just a little).


You mix that all together and put it on top of the bread, then back in the oven for 8-10 min, and this is what they look like all cooked and ready to eat! MMMMMmmmmm!!!!!


DELICIOUS!!!! :)


Oh, and I won this flower at a relief society thing I went to in my mom's ward. I'm working very hard to keep it alive, and it is so pretty and smells amazing!

2 comments:

Mel said...

yum! looks like you found a recipe you liked! pretty flowers too! just don't water too much and i'm sure it'll stay good for a while! :)

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

im going to have to try that meal! why did we not try that when i was living there!!!! looks amzing@ and i love the flowers!