So... my mom said I haven't updated my blog in a while. Yep, that's true. But honestly, I haven't had all that much to blog about... at least I don't think so. But anyway, here's what's been going on lately.
I started working at Wells Fargo Phone Bank in Boise on January 18th. I was very excited to have a job, and the first 2 weeks really weren't too bad. It was mostly orientation and web-based training (WBT... "wibbit") which was tedious but to be expected of a call-center job. There was supposed to be 6 weeks of training, taking calls in the 3rd week for 1-2 hours/day and more the next week and more the next until in the 6th week we'd be on the floor all day taking calls.... on top of taking calls, navigating the system and the 'virtual library' where all of the millions of other bits of information is located, we had to worry about our call time staying low, our referral rate (for up-sales), closing rate, rate rate rate. Like a million of them, oh and the QA and MPP and all of this other stuff. It was extremely overwhelming. I started to feel like it really wasn't the place I wanted to be. On top of feeling stressed at work, I would come home and feel like I only had a few hours before going to bed and then starting over again... and not sleeping at night because I was so stressed/anxious, and having nightmares all night, every night. I just didn't feel like it was the right fit. So, I quit. I've never done that before.... just quit w/o having another job lined up. So, now I'm back to looking for jobs, applying and calling everywhere I can think of. Taking my resume out... hopefully I can get something lined up soon.
I've also been looking into getting licensed as a social worker. I ordered a study book today that should come in a few weeks that will help me study for the exam... and I will definitely need to study, because after paying a $60 application fee and then getting APPROVED to take the test (can you imagine that? HOPING to get approved to take an exam?!!! haha!) that costs $230! So, this is a one time shot. But I've heard it's not bad as long as I study. Once I'm licensed a lot more job opportunities open up. Not a ton, but more than now. I've also applied to the Master's program at Boise State. It's a 1 year Advanced Standing program for people who are awesome like me and got their Bachelor's in Social Work (BSW) from an accredited university, which I did. I should find out soon if I got in.... but to be honest, I'm still not sure if I'll be sad or not if I don't get in. I think I will be, but I've just felt so confused about what I want to do with my life. I wish I could just take a little peek at God's plan for me so I could get a hint of what to do/where to go, etc. That would be nice huh? :) I guess that's what faith is for.
Oh, I did have a pretty fun opportunity the other day - I had an interview! I was so excited to have one only after a few days of not having a job!!! Well... until I walked into the door of the establishment... where the woman who called to interview me could be found outside taking a smoke. So, we began my very awkward interview outside while she smoked... wow. She started by asking me about my previous experience in this profession and I was confused... I had sent my resume and if she'd seen it, she would know I had NO experience in that area. I was only confused for a few more minutes until she told me "Oh ya, your resume was the one I couldn't open on my phone"..... so she called me for an interview w/o looking at my resume. Awesome. The interview continued to get even more awesome, especially when it came to pay. I really hate it when the person interviewing you asks you what you expect to get paid. What is the most appropriate answer? I said I was open... but let me tell you. I am not as open as she must have assumed - $7.75/hr - Ya. Most definitely not open. Can I change my answer please? Can I tell you I need much more than that??? On top of that, she wanted to hire someone for a graveyard shift, which isn't too bad, but not for that small amount of pay. I think the last time I accepted that little amount of money was when I was 15 or 16. But not now when I have a college degree. I don't think so. So, needless to say, the interview was a flop. I was shining but the job was not what I thought it would be at all.
Another cool thing was that my mom and I completed a cross-word puzzle today!!! THE WHOLE THING! We may or may not have had some help from a certain popular search engine, but nevertheless, we finished the whole thing and let me tell you, it was quite the accomplishment!!
So, there's what's been going on!
3 comments:
I like the update Annette. You have me as a silent reader...although, I'm not so silent anymore. :) I'm "outing" myself.
I can imaging being approved to just to take a test. I just did it! ;) Thank you NCLEX. It was $88 for the application fee, and $200 to register to take the test, all before I was approved. Fun, huh? Just study hard. I know you can do it! Good luck!
ok #1 i love your background
#2 now you know how i felt when i worked at my call center! it was so stressful and tough. I'm glad you got out early
#3 Don't give up hope! you will find a job that will be incredible!
#4 good luck on your test that your studying for!
love ya sis
Post a Comment