First we painted the 4 sides that made up the frame - beautiful frame I'd say:
Then we glued down the picture onto a board, although I can't remember what kind of board it's called. Anyway, after we glued it down, we spent 5-10 minutes getting all the air bubbles out of the picture with a little squiggy.... I have no idea how to spell that. However, this was very hard work! Me and Mel were sweating when it was done! After that, we had them stand up and dry while we painted on a 2nd coat onto our frames.
I chose to do the Salt Lake City Temple - so beautiful, wouldn't you say?
Mel did the Mount Timpanogos temple, that was is so breathtakingly beautiful as well!
After we painted the 2nd coat onto our frames and our pictures were sufficiently dry on our board, we used this cool texturizing brush and put texturizer on our pictures. It went on white/purpleish looking, but dried clear. It's hard to tell in any of my pictures, but the texturizer made it look so cool!!
I wish I had some pictures of the next step, but it was really a two person job and would have been to hard... also, my camera battery went out. :) After our texturizer dried, we learned how to use the staple gun - which if you can believe it, I have never used - to staple our frames together and then our boards onto our frames. It was very hard because one person had to kneel on the hard linoleum floor (I have bruises on my knees to show for it too!) and hold/push two corners together as hard as they could while the other person used the staple gun to staple 8 times in each corner.
After that very difficult task, we put our pictures on the table and finished with some touch-ups on our frames. I love the contrast of such a white temple and the black frame. Looks pretty awesome huh? Here's Mel with her complete project:

All in all, very fun! Now I just need to hammer on the hardware to the back of the frame and hang it up - I'll post a picture when it's up on our wall.
After this project was done, some girl friends and I went to a movie (Valentines Day - very appropriate I'd say, although I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else haha), and then to Red Lobster for dinner (delicious!). It was a pretty fun Valentines day weekend!!!


7 comments:
Annette I love it. It turned out so well. Great job
I did the Idaho Falls one in December! I love it! My husband Kevin, was so impressed when I came home with it made that he went and bought the brackets to put it on the wall that day!
it was seriously fun to do. glad you came to do it with me.
i'll have to get a pic of mine up. it's already hanging! :)
annetter i love the picture to death! you should have made one for me! im sooo super jealous =)
They turned out amazing! Good job. You are so talented.
Holy crap! I LOVE IT! Did you say you took the picture too? You're amazing!
No, they provided the picture for me :) I wish I were that talented :)
Post a Comment