Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bells Palsy - Dad

Last night when mom and dad got home from their date, dad was telling me about the movie they went to see when I noticed his smile wasn't quite right. I interrupted him and made him go look in the mirror right away, because when your face begins to look funny (unusual kind of funny... not normal funny) I know that's a neurological thing, which freaks me out. I told him he seemed to be exhibiting symptoms of bells palsy... well, a trip to the emergency room, 4 hours, an MRI that verifies he has a brain :), EKG, neurological and other tests later, he was diagnosed with Bells Palsy. He was prescribed an anti-viral and eye drops. Here's a video so you can see his droopy face - his 1/2 smile and non-blinking eyes. It can take a few weeks to a few months to recover, but it's not too serious, thankfully!

3 comments:

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

wow so crazy!!! dejavu for me! good luck dad!

Chantel said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. You have always been such a nice person, and I am SO happy that we are friends. Thank you so so much for always rooting for me during my hard trial. I miss you dearly! I love you so much, Annette!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I wish your dad the best!! Thank goodness it's not serious! I love your blog by the way :)