I'm watching American Idol as I am blogging today, but they are doing duets before they say who is getting eliminated. I think that's a fantastic idea, because I get to hear my favorite people sing more, but right now, my two WORST favorite people - Jacob Lusk and Naima Adedayo - are singing. So, in attempt to drown out their 'dulcet tones' (HP reference anyone...??? :) ) I bring you this amazing post :)
Yes. I am at it again! This is my THIRD jean blanket that I'm helping make this year! The last one and this one are both small, 5 inch squares that will end up being 4 inch squares after they are sewn. This one is a gift for one of Jennie's friends for her baby shower. I LOVE making them and helping make them with my sister!!! Can't believe it's my 3rd one of the year, but hey. Unemployment produces a crazy amount of extra time haha. So, we finished cutting all of the squares out last night and Jennie laid them out in the pattern she liked. Now we will need to go through the process again of ironing, sewing squares to make rows, sewing rows to make a blanket, picking out the back fabric & edge fabric, buy batting, sew that on, tie the quilt and then hand stitch the edge closed. PHEW! JK, I love to do it, so t his is very fun!
I thought this was a way cute pocket to put on the quilt. AND if it wasn't good enough that it's just way cute, I heard a jingling and a jangling in it while I was cutting the pants, and guess what??? I GOT PAID FOR CUTTING OUT ALL THESE SQUARES!!!! (see payment below)
That's right! $0.50!!! Go me! Haha, they have been in there for who knows how long, but I found them and they are mine and I am officially a paid quilter :)
When I am not otherwise occupied by things like playing with my nephew, reading, watching a movie, quilting and studying, I have been looming hats! I made several a few years ago, but since I had tons of yarn, I decided this week to make some hats with it. They are very simple to make and I'll be donating them for humanitarian use. If anyone has extra time/yarn and a hat loomer (I got mine at JoAnn's), I suggest trying it out. Fun fun!
Today was a sad day or sorts. It was mine and Jennie's LAST day to work out for free at Gold's Gym. We definitely milked those "ten" days to more like 15 or so haha, but today they punched a hole in it for the final time and Jennie and I enjoyed ZUMBA for the last time at Gold's. It was such an awesome thing to be able to go there for free, and so sad we can't go for another three weeks for free! haha.
As I mentioned before, I was watching American Idol... and since it has only been a total of about... 5 min, or so, I am still watching :) Currently listening to Pia, Thia and Haley sing Teenage Dream - and I HATE this song. I have no idea who chose for them to sing it, but they sang it well even though the song is terrible. This week I hope that Paul, Naima or Casey goes home. We shall see!

1 comment:
keep it up! love all the quilting and hats and gym stuff! so good of you do donate those! way to go!
Post a Comment